Principle Software Engineer (Secrets Manager)
Britive delivers a leading cloud-native security solution built for the most demanding cloud-forward enterprises. We were founded by security industry veterans with a track record as successful entrepreneurs. Our platform empowers cloud infrastructure and security teams with a dynamic and intelligent privilege administration technology for multi-cloud environments and helps minimize the risks of cloud security breaches and operational disruptions.
We launched our platform less than a year ago and already count several large and Fortune 500 enterprises as customers, including a global automaker, a top retail brand, a national healthcare provider, and a multi-national communications company. Our patent-pending technology has been favorably reviewed by leading analysts at Gartner, Forrester, TechVision, etc. and we are backed by top-tier VCs and prominent angel investors!
You are a passionate Principal Software Engineer who wants to develop and scale our multi-tenant SaaS applications on the AWS platform. You have a strong software engineering background and are able to find creative solutions to technical problems and user needs, while also finding opportunities to optimize and simplify our platform. Aside from writing great code, you enjoy working directly with stakeholders and fellow engineers alike while taking a high-level strategic view of the Britive product. From day one, you must be able to hit the ground running and bring all your experience to the team to contribute in the building of a great product. Most importantly, you have a positive “can do” attitude and a passion for delivering technical solutions in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Leading and overseeing engineering team throughout product development
- Develop and establish best practices for projects, following industry standards where appropriate and ensuring technical decisions are aligned with user and business needs
- Responsible for design and development of a large-scale application stack running on AWS
- Collaborate with product management and engineering teams to design and integrate software, conduct code reviews, and troubleshoot product issues
- Perform proof of concepts to identify best design options including usage of AWS services
- Research integration options for various SaaS/IaaS technologies, including APIs for user administration and incorporate this research in our application integration
What will you need?
- Prior experience in performing the same role in a SaaS security product company
- Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience in similar roles
- Hands-on experience developing and delivering highly scalable multi-tenant SaaS applications on AWS platform
- Hands-on experience in secrets management using vaults and encryption/decryption techniques
- In-depth knowledge of access authorization and policy management
- In-depth knowledge of building workflows and event based systems
- In-depth knowledge of Spring, Spring Boot, Java, REST Web Services, SQL databases, microservices, GraphQL, SQL and NoSQL databases
- In-depth knowledge of AWS platform, tools and services, specifically AWS networking and security, Route53, API Gateway, ECS/Fargate, RDS; Java/Spring development; modern database and data processing technologies; DevOps; microservices architecture; container/Docker technology
- Outstanding collaboration and communication skills. Ability to effectively collaborate with distributed team.=
- Understand and practice agile development methodology.
Nice to Have:
- AWS Certified Developer or Architect certification is highly desired