IMPORTANT – Transfer of Data and Personal Information to the U.S.
What are Britive’s practices regarding the collection and use of information?
Personally Identifiable Information:
- We may collect Personal Information from you (including, without limitation, your full name, company name, title, email address, physical address, phone number, IP address) when you provide it to us such as when you create an account, sign-up for a newsletter, participate in a survey, contact customer service or otherwise interact with us. We may maintain a record of the purchases you make with us. We may also retain the contents of any messages you send to us or through the Services, and we may collect information you provide in user content that you post or upload to the Services.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information:
We may use your Personal Information and/or Non-Personal Information in the following ways:
- To communicate with you and to send your information by email, postal mail, telephone, or other means about our products and services;
- To administer and fulfill information requests and offers, and, if you order products or services, to process and fulfill your order and to send you emails to confirm your order status;
- To help us learn more about your preferences;
- To help us address problems with and improve our site design, products and services;
- To enhance your experience with Britive;
- To analyze trends and statistics;
- To protect the security or integrity of our websites and business; or
- To contact you if necessary.
As is true of most websites, we and/or third parties with whom we have contracted to provide services to us, may gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We link this automatically collected data to other information we collect about you.
We and our service providers may also use “pixel tags,” “web beacons,” “clear GIFs,” or similar means in connection with the Services and HTML-formatted email messages to, among other things, track the actions of users and to compile aggregate statistics about Site usage and response rates. This information is collected anonymously, in a manner that does not personally identify you.
What are Britive’s practices regarding sharing and disclosure of Personal Information?
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
- Provided that any such disclosure shall be aggregated and on an anonymous, non-personally identifiable basis, the Customer agrees that Britive may use for its business purposes portions of the Customer’s data, or specific metrics derived from Customer’s usage of the Britive Services, or both.
- We may collect and aggregate statistics on our product usage and any related cloud service usage across Customers that will help Britive perform industry benchmarking of service usage, product usage trending, and for projecting business and operational scaling.
- We may provide your information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as offering customer service. These companies are authorized to use your information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties should it be required to do so by law or subpoena or if we believe that such action is necessary to (a) conform to the law, comply with legal process served on us or our affiliates, or investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities; (b) take precautions against liability, to investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, to assist government enforcement agencies, or to protect the security or integrity of our site; and (c) to exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Britive, or to otherwise act in the best interests of our users or others.
- If and when Britive is compelled to disclose information, Personal Information of any user may be shared with other companies outside Britive: (i) as permitted by law; (ii) in the event of a bankruptcy of Britive; (iii) where we determine that disclosure of specific information is necessary to comply with the request of a law enforcement or regulatory agency or other legal process; or (iv) to protect the interests or safety of Britive or other visitors to this Site.
- As we develop our business, we may buy or sell assets or business offerings. Customer and visitor information is generally one of the transferred business assets in these types of transactions. We may also share such information with any affiliated entity (e.g. parent company or subsidiary) and may transfer such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, acquisition or dissolution.
How do I access or change my information?
- You can review and change certain Personal Information related to your use of this Site (such as your name and contact information). To access your information at this Site, simply sign in to your account using your email address and password, and you will be able to edit or delete your Personal Information in your account profile. Login information, which is a basis for accessing our system is not immediately purged or deleted. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- You can also ask us to update your Personal Information by sending us an email at email@example.com. Any request to update or delete your personal information may take up to 10 days for your email request.
- Customer Testimonials/Comments/Reviews: We may post customer testimonials/comments/reviews on our Site which may contain Personal Information. We do obtain the customer’s consent via email prior to posting the testimonial to post their name along with their testimonial. To request removal of your personal information from Testimonials or comments please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I stop receiving Britive marketing communications?
If you prefer not to receive promotional emails, such as information about new products, special offers and events, from Britive, you can let us know by emailing us at email@example.com. Please be sure to include your full name and the email address you used when you registered with or made a purchase from Britive. It may take up to 10 days to process your email request.
Does Britive combine information from different sources?
We may combine the Personal Information that we collect from you with other information about you that we collect or receive from other sources. This information may be used to improve our websites, to personalize your online experience, to tailor our communications with you and for other internal business purposes.
How do I know my Personal Information is secure?
We have in place certain physical, electronic, contractual, and managerial safeguards to protect the security and privacy of your Personal Information. No company can fully eliminate security risks connected to handling information on the Internet. You should know that unauthorized persons might attempt to intercept your network communications. We encourage you to exercise caution in accessing Wi-Fi hotspots and other communications networks.
When you enter your Personal Information on our websites, we use customary and commercially reasonable technology, including data security tools and processes to protect your information as it is transmitted to us.
What if there is a compromise of Personal Information?
What are Britive’s Notification Procedures?
What about links to other websites?
How do I contact you?
What are the California Privacy Rights?
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of Britive who are California residents to request certain information regarding its disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write us: Britive Customer Service, 450 N. Brand Blvd., Suite 600, Glendale, CA 91203; firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional information, please see: https://oag.ca.gov/privacy.